As the GiftList project nears the end of it's fifth month, the site is finally starting to come together.
In that time, the following has taken place:
* Full scoping and planning of the GiftList project, including a detailed business plan and a full project product description.
* Signing up with 3 major affiliate networks and affiliating GiftList with almost 150 different online retailers.
* Procurement and configuration of the GiftList server.
* Design, development and deployment of the GiftList API, which included the full middle-tier GiftList and a secure JSON interface, allowing communication by apps other than the GiftList.co.uk website.
* The design, development and deployment of the GiftList Feed Processor system. This is a piece of software that runs on the GiftList server, reads in the various data files supplied by GiftList's affiliate networks and processes them. This has lead to GiftList.co.uk currently having a potential product base of over 1 million products, covering most areas of online retail.
* The design of the GiftList website. With a functional, simple and contemporary layout, utilising lots of white space and vivid images, we feel that the GiftList.co.uk design is both appealing to a mass market and highly functional.
* The development of the GiftList website. This has involved data driving the entire site from the GiftList middle-tier, fully utilising technologies such as jQuery to enhance the user experience and building seamless integration with the two largest social media sites (Facebook and Twitter).
As the finishing touches and now being put to the site and it moves into a test phase, we can target a launch date.
I'm pleased to confirm that this launch date is 26th September.
Further updates will be posted here over the next 4 weeks, detailing progress and any changes to the proposed launch date.
One piece of feedback we've had from our users is that when their Gift List relates to a party they're having, it would be great if they could produce party invites that include instructions on how to - Read More
Following on from our latest set of changes, we've introduced two new features to the site that we thought you might like... You can now "Import Gifts" between your Gift Lists. If you've set up a L - Read More
Yes, we know we've been quiet these past few weeks, but we've certainly not been resting on our laurels... Even though things have been coming along nicely since the site launched, we've listened to - Read More
Just showing my cousin how to use GiftList.co.uk and she loves it and then moaned because I didn't show her sooner! She is now telling everyone else in the family how to use it and saying it...Linzi S, Twitter
I think GiftList.co.uk is a really good idea! It's a way of letting people know what you want without actually having to be cheeky and ask directly!...Rachel G, Manchester
I hooked GiftList.co.uk into my Twitter account really easily! Brilliant! All my friends & family will know what presents to buy me for my birthday & Christmas...Richard L, Yorkshire
If you’d like to find out just how easy it is to get started with GiftList.co.uk, then please feel free to take a tour. Whether you want to know how to search through our huge database of products, find your friends list, or even set up your own list and tell your friends about it, this is where you can do it.